There are so many questions concerned air fryers: What are air fryers? How do air dryers work?, and What are benefits and features of air fryers?.. An air fryer is an incredible kitchen appliance used for cooking food using hot air circulation. In today’s review, we’re going to review the top 4 air fryers to help you choose the best air fryer for your family.
Benefits of air fryers
Using an air fryer offers you a lot of advantages:
- Healthy – Uses 70 to 80% less oil when cooking fatty foods, great for people who are health conscious.
- Quick – The time and temperature can be adjusted. I also shut offs automatically when the cooking is done. The cooking is simple, safe, fast, and uniform, perfect for people with a busy life.
- Easy – Most air fryers consist of dishwasher safe parts making them easy to clean up.
- Less mess – Less food odor thanks to the filter features and no grease thanks to the dripping hole. And since the food is cooked in the basket, oil spills will be contained which means better safety.
- Reliable – The exhaust system for evenly cooking makes sure there will be no overcooked or undercooked meals. The cooling system to make sure no part of your food gets too hot, so does your kitchen.
Features of air fryers
Air fryers come in different shapes and sizes so if you want to buy one, make sure you consider these things below:
- Capacity – When selecting an air fryer, you need to know which type of food and the amount of food it can accommodate. The capacity of a regular air fryer ranges from 1.8 to 2.5 pounds, enough for chicken drumsticks or fries. You will need a bigger one for an entire chicken or a whole turkey.
- Wattage – When buying an appliance, you will want to concern about how much power it will consume. Typically, the power consumption of air fryers ranges from 800+ to somewhere near 1400 watts. So make sure the power outlets in your kitchen can support it.
- Size – Depends on the available space in your kitchen.
- Settings – Air fryers come with different features and settings. Make sure you have the necessary features and settings that work best for you. For instance, which timer and temperature settings do you want?
- Additions – Some air fryers come with a multi-level cooking basket for different types of foods at once. Your cooking time will be decreased significantly.
- Price – As a rule of thumb, more additional features equates an increase in the price.
Air fryer review
The Philips HD 9220/26 is a perfect combination for making tasty and healthy food. You can grill, roast, bake, or fry with this air fryer. Equipped with the famous rapid air technology, your cooking will need less oil than ever, perfectly healthy and delicious!
With this air fryer, you can also control the time and temperature to make sure your food will be taken care of properly. You won’t need to spend extra time in the kitchen anymore. The rapid air technology will help get rid of the food odor in a jiffy.
The removable basket and non-stick drawer are dishwasher safe, very quick and easy to clean up. It also comes with a recipe book introducing healthy and easy low fat meals composed by great culinary masters.
2. Philips HD9230/26
With this Philips HD9230/26 you can cook a variety of food such as cakes, steak, fries, and meat… as the temperature setting can be adjusted up to 390 degrees. You won’t have to be worried about burnt food thanks to its 60 minute timer. The air fryer will signal and shut off automatically when the cooking is done.
It also comes with a double layer rack for you to maximize the cooking surface. Worry no more about unexpected guests for meal times.
The air fryer’s parts are dishwasher allowing you to clean it easily in no time!
3. Philips Air fryer HD 9240/94
This Philips 9240/94 cooks food using less oil compared to deep frying without changing the texture and taste. The rapid air technology uses evenly circulated hot air making the food more delicious and crispy. The basket of this Philips air fryer is removable and you can clean it up with a damp cloth.
There is a built-in digital touch screen allowing you to set up your cooking more precisely and effectively such as adjusting the temperature or choosing the right cooking mode for particular foods.
The maximum temperature in the setting is 390 degrees allowing you to cook a variety of foods. The maximum timer setting is 60 minutes, when the cooking is completed; the unit will shut off automatically.
The Air fryer is also equipped with a preset button allowing you to save the settings of a particular food so you won’t have to go through all the hassle of setting up once again the next time.
4. GoWISE USA GW22621
This GoWISE air fryer can cook a variety of foods such as cakes, fish, steak, chips, and meat using less oil without changing the taste and texture, perfect for a healthy eating habit. The rapid air circulation technology ensures your foods will be cooked evenly.
You can choose an inbuilt recipe from the 7 preset programs using a digital touchscreen. The temperature setting is from 175 – 400 degrees. The unit will shut off when the set cooking time is completed.
The removable basket can be easily removed, very convenient to clean up.