There are two types of shower heads, the standard one and the hand held one. When looking for a shower head, you would want to look for the best shower head and wonder which type you should go for. In this article, we will help you tell the differences between standard shower heads and hand held shower heads to enable you to choose the most suitable one for your family.
Standard shower heads
- Standard shower heads are fixated on the wall offering you and your family a comfortable shower. Some might not be able to be repositioned and some can swivel. A lot of standard shower heads allow you to change the water output. They come with different sprays from powerful and forceful ones to soft drizzle ones.
- Since standard shower heads are mounted on the wall, you might want an extended swivelling arm enabling you to adjust the water spray’s direction and the height of the shower head itself so both adults and children can take a shower comfortably.
- A shower arm attachment that has an ability to swivel resembles a hand held shower head which allows you to receive water from different directions. Another feature offered on standard shower heads is massaging shower heads.
- Standard shower heads are available at many prices from as low as a couple of bucks to $50. The prices depend on the materials that made up the shower heads and how many options they’re provided with.
Hand held shower heads
- We have gone through the most basic knowledge about standard shower heads, so let’s take a look at hand held shower heads and see if they’re any better. Well, the thing is, hand held shower heads have all the functions that standard shower heads have and beyond.
- A hand held shower head can perform the same function as a standard shower head would with an attachment mounted on the wall holding the shower head in place. You can adjust the water spray’s direction easily by swivelling hand held fixture. Hand held shower heads also allow you to adjust the water flow from soft to forceful as you wish.
- The advantage that hand held shower heads have over standard shower heads is the ability to be detached from its attachment that’s fixed on the wall. The hand held fixture isn’t screwed so all you need to do is to lift it off from its attachment and there you have it. With this ability, you can spray yourself wherever you want and from whatever direction that you like. Because let’s be honest, sometimes you just wish to rinse off your feet and not the whole body and the last thing you want is to get your hair wet unintentionally.
With the ability that enables you to spray water exactly where you want it to be, hand held shower heads can help you save your energy and water. This is because you won’t waste water on wherever you don’t need. So how do hand held shower heads help you save energy? The answer is, since it’s closer to your skin, the hot water won’t have to travel longer in the air which can cause it to cool off, you will need less hot water for your shower.
- Some hand held shower heads that are available on the market are equipped with a water filter which removes the majority of signs of chlorine. This chemical is added to water to kill bacteria; however, it can dry out our skin and hair, and even causes burning for people who have sensitive and irritable skin. According to some researches, the chemical can also contribute to the cause of asthma.
If you’re worried about losing water pressure due to an attached filter or a longer hose, you won’t have to any more since some hand held shower heads are equipped with a self-contained water pressure.
- When looking for a hand held shower head, it’s best to choose one that comes with a lifetime warranty. Also, it’ll be even better if you manage to look for one that is guaranteed that it will never be clogged.
A hand held shower head that comes with a self-pressuring feature and is Oxygen added will benefit your health and beauty by improving the blood circulation and help deep clean your skin. If you’re shopping for a shower head and are in the situation where you have to consider the two types of shower heads, make sure you weigh all the options.
Dual shower head
- Sometimes choosing between a standard shower head and a hand held shower head can be really hard, especially when the members in your family have different preferences. Fortunately, there is a solution to that, which is a dual shower head fixture. This type of shower head is a combination of a standard shower head and a hand held shower head giving you the best of both worlds.
- The dual shower head fixture comes with a standard fixture and a hand held fixture that’s attached to a hose. Users can choose to use them both or separately depending on how they like it to be. This type of shower head is perfect for everyone and every purpose. It’s suitable for both children and adults, to wash your hair and rinse your feet… And the fact that it comes with many features make the showering experience even greater.
Feel free to visit our website and be exposed to rates that will blow you off your seat and get you purchasing showers of all designs for all of your bathrooms. Visit us on Theperfectbaths.com