Craving for clean water has been the most terrible issued from all over the world. Fortunately, reverse osmosis was found as a handy tool and saving people lives. Kidney disease has been the main factor to hasten the reverse osmosis process being. Reverse osmosis, as referred as RO, has been popularly used since then in the hospital.
Since it has been noticeable and serviceable, it has been a great number of wondering and questioning of how it function would be. Let’s check this reverse osmosis water filter reviews in this article to figure out the filtration process.
Reverse Osmosis -The most advanced technology of purifying water
Reverse osmosis or RO is the most advanced technology of purifying water, it can be improved the water quality. RO used to remove the contaminants from tap water, chlorine, virus, smell and so on. Some filtration produces water with a little sweet taste (if you are able to elaborate on the water).
The specialist and a main point of RO is its membranes; it could be able to remove any contaminated in the feed water. RE membranes used to prevent and detained a very small fragment to pass by the membrane, yet till possible for water go through and purified. Water come through the membrane called “pure water”. Water filtration includes 3 elements in order to detain thoroughly any objects in the water source.
The combination of Pre-filtration step 1,2 and/or 3 is often used to intensify the filter process, each of those steps got small and smaller tiny pore to prevent from the very small to bigger objects, chlorine and chemicals mixture (used to kill pests and insects) elements. The water sources provided would be the reason to determine how many pre-filtrations will be (based one the water impurities and quality). Pre-filtration step is importance step as a supportive factor to RO system’s longevity.
1. Pre-filtration step
- Sediment or solid (which settles at the bottom of the liquid) is removed by, it is a concept of the combination cotton tightly arrange in series and manage into column of spool, it could be paper creased filter, sediment sometimes could be make of different kind of material (polyester, cellulose, glass fiber and so on) but most used in cotton material.
- Sediment is a process of discrete materials and is able to remove any particles as 20 microns, which is even smaller than comma (,) or a dot (.). those particles which from plant water could be included in and appeared from the water faucet or water pipes.
- The most crucial factor should be remembering in sediment process is a removal of sediment, which, heavy metals or chemicals still capable “survive” through this process.
2. Second filtration step – GAC
Second filtration step is Granular Activated Carbon, always referred as GAC. This is the main gate of suspended chlorine, which seems to be a nature of water.
GAC is to make sure the water must be free of chlorine before reaching RO membrane. Active Carbon consists a small tiny layer even smaller size compare to sediment, 10-micron sediment filter is all it needs.
- This filtration works effectively on plant water treatment as it produces better water quality through adsorption and chemical contaminants.
- In GAC, it used to active with 20 microns sediment filter then be replaced by 10-micron filter for a better result as removed certain tastes or “special smell” valid. Compare over sediment filter process, GAC is able to reduce H2S levels in the water.
3. Third step – Carbon block filters
Carbon block filters or referred as the third step of the pre-filter process and in RO system. As the deeper membranes inside RO, the tighten pore filter it would be.
- The carbon filter main function is used to force chemicals contaminants out of the water through very small and tightens pore. It is usually around 10 microns in size.
- Still, 5 microns’ pore can be used since it is able to remove more chemical, but it slows down and will somehow plug up a pore if it meets any particular object. 20-micron membrane available and can be used, but the resulting could not reach to the best since the bigger particle still there somehow.
- Just to make sure the filter size suits for the amount of water, or it would be slow down the process. The process and arrangement should be used probably and orderly since it would be directly affected the longevity of the RO membrane, less maintenance is a plus.
For certain carbon filtration process, some taste could have added to the water before it reaches final users (through water pipes).
The membrane, the main and extremely important of Reverse Osmosis System, clarifying water by enforce and strengthen water pressure through membranes, any particular solid or chemicals must be restrained through the filtration. It results as a highly effective water treatment as it meets 95% level of removal.
The higher pressure of water is; the higher result it would be. Let’s say it the water pressure is available; it is just fine. What if the water pressure is low and insufficient? The alternative method is applying water pump to boost water pressure to higher level. The minimum water pressure level should be 40 psi.
After the membranes system, the water itself automatically store in a tank and waiting for its “order” through faucet or tap-water. Certain small tanks deign for kitchen sink can store up to 8 liters of water, the estimated timing to fill the 8 liters’ tank is about 2 hours. The estimated time for 35 to 75 gallons (160 to 340 liters’ water) is about 24 hours continuously working, it also depends on water pressure to come out the accuracy timing.
There are some question and wonder of water wasting during RO process, as one liter of purified water, 2 – 3 liters of water eliminate to drain. This can be either right or wrong. It is the misunderstanding. The eliminate water was sent to the original at very first step to re-process then re-use it.
Reverse Osmosis has no disadvantages from any sources. Further, it is the most important systems to provide clean water through the world with its effective and outstanding function.
Welcome to Water System Pro – your premier online resource for anything related to water filtration, specifically reverse osmosis systems. The birth of our website was out of the commitment of making people more informed, not only about the quality of water, but more importantly, about the products that they can use to filter their water. Read more….