Vacuum food sealers are considered to be one of the most useful equipments found in the kitchen. Therefore, to choose the best one, you should refer to some food saver reviews before. The main purpose of a vacuum food sealer is to store dry goods, frozen or refrigerated food more efficiently. The machine uses vacuum packing, a modern method of packaging that removes air inside the package before hermetically sealing foods. Even a carved joint of beef or a ½ pig can be stored carefully in the fridge with the same fresh favour, thereby always available when necessary.
However, it is sometimes confused to pick up the most reasonable vacuum food sealers among an enormous variety on the market, ranging from external sealers to commercial grade sealers. As a result, a question to be raised is how to choose a right vacuum food sealer for family. The following are some practical tips for your interesting daily cooking activity.
The practical tips
- Materials, such as bags or rolls, must be given the first priority. Their sufficiency is to make sure that you can pack a large amount of raw foods at a time without any difficulties.
- If you possess a normal vacuum food sealer in the kitchen, be patient to the machine’s process. As it is a small-volumn packaging machine, it cannot immediately seal all the products in the plastic bag. Working beyond its given capability will lead to temperature increase and sudden shutting off, which is quite annoying and uncomfortable. A commercial grade sealer is designed for large productions and multiple bags, although the price spent on it is more expensive. In this case, you are supposed to seal every product one by one, fill one bag, clean the inside then make it airtight.
- Another noteworthy thing to consider is that you should leave a considerable space above the food in the bag. About three inches is recommended while sealing products.
- It is advisable to buy roll bags for foodsaver instead of zipper gallon ones. Sometimes, the gallon plastic bags are bigger than the sizes of several types of products and you do not want to waste them. Therefore, roll bags are appropriate as you can control the package size by estimating the perfect shape based on the foods. It is also easier to use either when you live alone or you are about to prepare the meal for your family.
- What concerns homemakers is how to properly store foods with liquids. If the package is not tightly sealed, liquids can be leaked and dampen the vacuum machine, which shortens its life. To solve the problem, marinade in several dishes can be replaced by dry rubs. Those that require special juicy ingredients, including banana, squash and strawberries, should be freezed for a few hours before undergoing vacuum sealer process.
- How about soups? Liquids in soups tend to expand in high temperature environments, so that it is a little bit tricky to vacuum this type. Furthermore, uncareful storage, unexpectedly, can ruin the initial soup flavors. An ideal measure is to freeze them in the microwaveable bowls first, run them under hot water, put into bags and seal them. With a solid substance, vacuum sealing is no longer challenging.
- Aside from liquids, hamburgers and baked goods are likely to be squished owing to their sizes. A wise homeowner will shape them and freeze them before vacuum process. However, with a view to preventing this problem, buyers should consider all related elements, including size, price, purpose, food types and their own situations. A busy person who usually chooses fast foods is encouraged to buy machine with particularly designed settings pulling out less air, not a normal one. It might be expensive but it is worth.
- To foods that can be used several times, leave more inches to put aside adequate room for other usage. Again, mentioned three inch rule above is useful. After removing the necessary parts, attach it with the machine, reseal it and srote it in the freezer.
- Economically, housewives are able to save a vast array of plastic roll bags by following these steps. Wash the bag with hot water, turn it inside out and lay it onto the dishwaher rack until it is completely dry. But remember, these rules are not applied to raw meats owing to possible contamination and food infection.
- Last but not least, it is advised to put an emphasis on reading the attached instructions carefully. Attentively check all the printed information to make sure whether the machine sections fit the descriptions. Moreover, reading the instructions can help homemakers get familiar with its structure and reduce the possibility of incorrect use. In other words, its life is able to be lengthened.
Housekeeping Master is the blog write about home and kitchen. The owners was bought the machine for their house but it have some good and bad thing for their work. So they want to give useful infomation for the people who want to buy one. So they buy, test and write article review, more other useful article about home and kitchen machine. Then they note the cons and Pros, the hight lights feature, review… and blogging at Housekeepingmaster.com