Pressure washers are originally used for industrial cleaning. Recently, pressure washer prices have gone down significantly allowing it to become more and more popular amongst households. Pressure washers come in different types on the market making it difficult to choose.
Pressure washers are different in how they work and cater to certain tasks. You might be wondering how many types of pressure washers are there? Or how to choose the best electric pressure washer? In this article, we’ll help you with some advice on how to choose the most suitable pressure washer.
What type of pressure washer to purchase?
The biggest difference between different types of pressure washers must the in the way they work. Some pressure washers have electrically powered motor; some work with gasoline or diesel…. How pressure washers work is quite similar to a regular garden hose, except for the pressure being a lot stronger. The pressure is produced by special tools in the unit.
Pressure washers are used to clean away grime and dirt. The high pressure function helps perform cleaning tasks much more effectively and quickly compared to other ordinary cleaning methods.
Since there are so many types of pressure washers recently, you have to figure out your own requirements and needs in order to choose the right unit. That means, the purpose of the unit has to match your requirements and needs. A pressure washer with greater pressure will have better cleaning ability. And a gasoline powered pressure washer is stronger than an electrically powered pressure washer. However, both of them are weaker than a diesel powered pressure washer.
- Thus, make up your mind. Think about how strong you want your pressure washer to be. If you’re just cleaning indoors and don’t require a pressure washer with super strong cleaning ability, a unit that’s powered by electricity is ideal. Electric pressure washers are also safe to be used indoors since there is no hazardous pollutant. When working outdoors, an electric pressure washer isn’t strong enough.
- Or sometimes, super strong damage the finishes or your floors and paint. So make sure you get the right pressure washer with the right amount of pressure.
- Do your homework by reading pressure washer reviews on websites and magazine to get the idea of it. The internet is the richest source of formation you can ever find. When reading pressure washer reviews, remember to pay close attention to the type of the motor/engine, how much pressure it offers, and all the necessary things that matter to you.
- Don’t forget to check out the customer review section, they will be of great help, especially the pump, which is also the most vital compartment of the pressure washer. If you ever stumble on a complaint, give the product a second thought.
Other things to also take into consideration
- Beside from the pressure level, the pump, and the price, one of the most important factors is the warranty. A pressure washer that comes with a long-term warranty will give you a peace of mind. Most reputable pressure washers will come with a 3 year warranty or 5 year warranty. Don’t be afraid to invest big into a good machine that will offer you a 3 to 5 year warranty.
- Purchasing a cheap pressure washer means you pay less at the beginning but you will need to spend a lot to repair the unit later. It’s also wiser to stick with an established and reliable brand name because there are reasons why they earn such a big popularity. Also, big brands often offer better warranties which can also mean better quality because that means the manufacturer is confident in the quality of the product.
Above are some determining factors that you should take into consideration before buying a pressure washer. So basically, the idea is to figure out what needs and requirements you have for the pressure washer and find out which kind of pressure washer that’s designed for that purpose. The best pressure washer is not the one with the strongest pressure, but the one that matches your expectations the most. Make sure you have a solid understand of motor types so you won’t be confused anymore.